Mayvin® is currently seeking experienced applicants to fill a Quality Engineer position. Plan, develop, implement, and manage Quality on assigned programs over their life cycle, ensuring that contractors meet their responsibilities for product quality in accordance with the contract requirements, and that systems fielded to Soldiers are of high quality and meet user requirements for an Army client. The position is located at Ft. Belvoir, VA.
Must be a U.S. citizen and have a SECRET security clearance.
- Develop quality input for program management documents to include acquisition plans and strategies, source selection evaluation plans, supportability strategies, system engineering plans, statements of work, and specifications, and ensure appropriate contract clauses are called out in PEO contracts.
- Coordinate with product managers, users, ATEC, and other Government agencies as needed to translate operational and mission needs into practical system concepts and specifications.
- Review and evaluate system performance, assess risk, and make recommendations with respect to product acceptability.
- Assure compliance with contractual scope, schedules, specifications, and other requirements, and when appropriate, recommend program and contract changes.
- Develop or evaluate sampling plans based on MIL-STD-1916, ANSI Z1.4, or other industry standards.
- Participate in post awards, program reviews, design reviews, and conferences as the quality engineer on assigned programs.
- Evaluate design efforts to ensure all appropriate environmental and performance issues have been considered and addressed.
- Review and ensure adequacy of all test plans, procedures, and reports for assigned programs, for both Government and contractor tests, as well as all failure reports.
- Monitor testing to ensure test is being conducted in accordance with approved procedures, and report results to the PM. Ensure effective root cause corrective action for all failures as well as adequacy of validation and implementation plans.
- Evaluate engineering change proposals and waivers/deviations for quality impact, and conduct physical and functional configuration audits.
- Prepare contract letters for Quality Lead and COR signature for review of all quality related contract data.
- Maintain all quality data and metrics on Quality-Test SharePoint site.
- Conduct of audits of contractor quality management systems and system assembly and test procedures, to ensure contractor adherence to ISO 9001, the specification, and to all contract requirements.
- Evaluate contractor quality data, metrics, and process controls.
- Work with contractors to improve their quality system, processes and implementation of process controls.
- Conduct continuing review and evaluation of system performance through review of reports, correspondence, data bases, field data, product and process audits, and observation of internal operations.
- Provide Product Assurance Suitability Statement for material release.
- Ensure product quality deficiency reports (PQDR) are adequately addressed.
- Work with DCMA and monitor support provided on PM programs, ensure establishment of quality assurance letters of instruction (QALIs) and/or memorandums of agreement (MOA) where required, and review DCMA surveillance plans for adequacy.
BS Engineering or Equivalent and 10 years relevant experience
- Subject matter expert for Quality, and has the ability to lead Quality efforts on assigned programs with minimal oversight from the Government lead
- Extensive experience with ISO 9001:2015 Quality System Requirements and Auditing
- Equivalent or experience commensurate with DAWIA Level III PQM certification
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
Mayvin is a dynamic small business created out of a commitment to deliver unparalleled service to our clients. Our team brings expert knowledge of project management services specializing in Streamlined Acquisition and Operations Management to government organizations. We create effective strategies for program design, execution, and sustainment while implementing action plans to provide our clients with maximum visibility, access, and an impact that serves the needs of the United States. Our team has a diverse array of credentials directly related to providing a comprehensive mission support plan for both military and civilian agencies.
A "Mayvin" is a trusted expert in a particular field who seeks to pass knowledge on to others - a builder of networks, a communicator of knowledge.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a dynamic corporate culture and supportive team environment.
Mayvin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Mayvin is a current participant in E-Verify and conducts internal I-9 audits at least once per year.