Mayvin® is currently seeking experienced applicants to fill a Software Engineer position. Serves as subject matter expert for all computer and software related aspects of assigned program for an Army client. The position is located at Ft. Belvoir, VA.
Must be a U.S. citizen and have a SECRET security clearance.
- Performs engineering and scientific work involving the design, development, and operation of man portable computer systems, including hardware and software and their integration with other systems and peripherals.
- Translates military operational and mission requirements (ground, sea, air, and space) into practical computer hardware and software design performance requirements for dismounted operations.
- Participates in post awards, program reviews, design reviews, and IPTs as the computer specialist on assigned programs.
- Evaluates and conducts design efforts from a computational view point to ensure integration of all required computer related products and adequacy of the analyses
- Prepare and reviews software related test plans, test procedures, software requirement and interface specification, software design document, test scripts and test reports on technical adequacy on assigned programs, for both government and contractor testing, as well as related failure reports.
- Reviews and evaluates system performance against computer related hardware and software specification requirements, monitors and assesses field performance, and assesses risk of meeting user and specification requirements.
- Provides computer engineering development and coding support with extensive knowledge of 3rd and 4th Generation languages such as C, C++, JAVA, and Python.
- Extensive experience with Windows 10 and Android operating systems (Android 4.4 & 6.0), focused on the development and integration of dismounted Soldier related products for the mobile/handheld devices and support equipment.
- Prepares and evaluates computer hardware and software security strategies for requested programs.
- Extensive experience in software quality monitoring and software testing of embedded software in dismounted Soldier weapon and mission command systems.
- Extensive understanding of the DoD standards guiding the development of computer hardware and software policy, requirements, integration, engineering, and testing.
- Perform security, analyses and risk/vulnerability assessments of computer hardware and software.
Mayvin is a dynamic small business created out of a commitment to deliver unparalleled service to our clients. Our team brings expert knowledge of project management services specializing in Streamlined Acquisition and Operations Management to government organizations. We create effective strategies for program design, execution, and sustainment while implementing action plans to provide our clients with maximum visibility, access, and an impact that serves the needs of the United States. Our team has a diverse array of credentials directly related to providing a comprehensive mission support plan for both military and civilian agencies.
A "Mayvin" is a trusted expert in a particular field who seeks to pass knowledge on to others - a builder of networks, a communicator of knowledge.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a dynamic corporate culture and supportive team environment.
Mayvin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Mayvin is a current participant in E-Verify and conducts internal I-9 audits at least once per year.