Mayvin® is currently seeking experienced applicants to fill a Technical Writing Support vacancy. The Technical Writer will support USCG technical publication development, sustainment, and distribution IAW applicable USCG Commandant Instructions, Process Guides, and other technical requirements defined by the customer.
Develop communications materials for publications, user manuals, training materials, installation guides, etc.
Develop, write, and edit functional descriptions, system specifications, special reports, or any other customer deliverables and documents.
Provide technical writing support and decipher directions provided on scripted storyboards, specifications, etc.
Review documents for technical accuracy in accordance with applicable regulations.
Perform three levels of editing of analysis reports, alignment agreements, and POAMS
Ensures all cross references and data linkages between root causes and interventions are accurate
Ensures reports are written in a uniform voice and are of professional quality
• Must possess a minimum of 3 years technical writing experience. Including drafting written documents and briefing materials,
studies and analysis documentation, conducting document review
* The government desires, but does not require the Technical Writer to have experience performing technical writing experience in US
Coast Guard, the Department of Defense, or the Department of Homeland Security.
* Must be proficient in using the following software applications: Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, & PowerPoint.
* Prior experience with all or most of the following is desired:
- Proficiency in developing written documents and briefing materials expected
- Experience supporting working groups, studies and analysis, document reviews as it pertains to curriculum development, and
coordinates meetings as directed
- Experience in the creation of document templates and style guides.
- Experience with user guides for software applications, security plans, test plans, etc
- Experience in following style guides and Data Item Descriptions
- Experience in recognizing grammatical and formatting errors in client document deliverables
- Experience in working with developers and engineers in the support of technical documentation
- Understanding of Data Communications Technology
- Understanding of Department of Defense (DoD) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
* May require SECRET clearance (per task order).
• Must possess a Bachelor's degree, preferably in English
Mayvin is a dynamic woman-owned small business created out of a commitment to deliver unparalleled service to our clients. Our team brings expert knowledge of project management services specializing in Streamlined Acquisition and Operations Management to government organizations. We create effective strategies for program design, execution, and sustainment while implementing action plans to provide our clients with maximum visibility, access, and an impact that serves the needs of the United States. Our team has a diverse array of credentials directly related to providing a comprehensive mission support plan for both military and civilian agencies.
A "Mayvin" is a trusted expert in a particular field who seeks to pass knowledge on to others - a builder of networks, a communicator of knowledge.
Mayvin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.